Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream - 13

As I mentioned in Sunday's post, for the next few days I will be showing you the things I picked up from Sephora when I was on holiday in Italy. Everything I got was Sephora's own brand makeup, apart from one product which is from the brand Make Up For Ever. This is a brand that I have heard a lot about, but never tried as it is super hard to get hold of in the UK. There were two Make Up For Ever items that I wanted to try, one of which was the HD Foundation. However, with 26 shades to choose from and costing 41.90, I did not want to spend all that money and then realise when I got home that the colour did not match. So, reluctantly, I moved away from the foundation and found the other item that I wanted to try - the aqua creams. 




I only chose one shade, as they were quite pricey at €24.90 each, and the colour I chose was number 13, a champagne colour. The colour is gorgeous, it is highly pigmented and the formula is lovely, as you can see in the swatch below. When you first apply it, it can look slightly patchy, but it is easy to blend out and when done so the finish is very smooth. You can also build up the colour to make the shimmer in it more intense. I have tried applying this both with just my fingers and also with a flat shader brush, and both methods work brilliantly. The staying power is good but not the best, I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion onto my eyelids before applying this and it lasted around 8 hours before creasing slightly. Usually, when I use a primer, my eyeshadow does not crease at all, so this is one of the main issues for me with the aqua cream. 



Even though the staying power isn't the best, I am still very happy I got the Aqua Cream and would definitely buy more shades in the future. I have still got my eye on the HD Foundation, so will pick that up next time I am near a Make Up For Ever counter, wherever in the world that may be. If anybody knows of anywhere in the UK you can buy MUFE products, or somewhere online that ships to the UK, then please leave it in a comment below.

Part two of my Sephora haul will be up tomorrow!

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment