Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons

For my first blog post, I thought I would give a review on the Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons. I came across these while out shopping last week and was instantly curious to try them out. Bourjois is usually a brand that I overlook, but the colourful packaging of these lip crayons just drew me in.

There are four colours to choose from - Red Sunshine, Fuchsia Libre, Orange Punch and Peach On The Beach. All of the colours available are stunning, but I managed to pick mine up on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots, so the colours I went for were Fuchsia Libre, Orange Punch and Peach On The Beach. 

(L-R: Orange Punch, Peach On The Beach, Fuchsia Libre)

These are very moisturizing and leave a nice wash of colour on the lips, not too sheer but not too opaque either. The colours that I chose are very summer appropriate and I've been wearing them every day since I bought them.


The packaging is very pratical, it doesn't feel luxury, which you wouldn't expect of a high street product anyway, but it definitely doesn't feel cheap. They are very colourful and look very pretty in my Muji storage on my dressing table. These lip crayons also twist up to reveal more product, so there is no need for sharpening which is very convenient and saves time when you're rushing to get ready, which I usually am.

(Top-Bottom: Fuchsia Libre, Peach On The Beach, Orange Punch)

The swatches shown above show the colour pigmentation from two swipes. The formulation of these lip crayons is lovely, very moisturising and gives a glossy look to the lips. The staying power isn't amazing, but I do not mind re-applying the product every 2-3 hours, as it is super easy to apply and can be done without the need for a mirror. 

Overall, I am very happy with my first Bourjois products and after seeing the quality of them, I may start to peruse the Bourjois counter more often when I venture into the aisles of Boots or Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment